The ninth annual Silicon Valley Boomer Venture Summit, in conjunction with Santa Clara University, has a business plan competition in line for a $10,000 prize. The closing is today, but you might want to take note for next year if you don’t have the video and plan at the ready from other competitions. Requirements to enter are simple; from their release:
- Entrepreneurs with a business plan or startup venture that shows significant business potential for the baby boomer market are invited to apply.
- Focus must be on one or more of the following areas: biodesign, medical devices, geriatrics and gerontology or “aging in place” technology
- The deadline for submissions is 5 p.m. PST on Tuesday, 29 May.
- To enter the competition, participants must submit a 2-minute video or YouTube clip, which includes the entrepreneur’s name and university affiliation (if any), along with a 10-page slide deck business plan that includes financials and an executive summary.
- First round entries will be judged on market opportunity, proposed product or services, competition, business model and management founders. Grand prize finalists will present their boomer business ideas onstage at the Boomer Venture Summit. Each finalist will give a five-minute presentation with slides.
Noting the emphasis on aging in place, this seems to be a move in the right direction. Finalists will be announced 5 June and winners chosen on 20 June at the Summit. For detailed instructions on the business plans, visit the SCU Boomer Venture website. Event website.
Hey All – – This is an excellent educational/networking conference. If you would like to attend – you can still register: http://scuboomerventure.com/
USE: sv12grandcaremp (for 20% discount)