We are starting to see some more considered reponses to the publication of the first of the WSD analyses:
- BMJ: Impressive results for remote patient CIMO. A positive take.
- Telehealth and telecare: why we’re still waiting for the definitive report The Guardian’s Patient from Hell. Good comments too.
- No new funds for telehealth, says DH Pulse (influential news site for GPs whaich has been generally negative on telehealth). See comments too: “I’ve just told my children they can have an iPad but there is no money to pay for them. Like GPs they were very happy about this sensible approach to life”
- Were outcomes from the WSD trial positive? Yes – telehealth shows enormous potential for the NHS Pulse tries to set up a debate (needs free registration to view).
- Were outcomes from the WSD trial positive? No – the trial shows that telehealth risks lives Pulse. (Needs free registration to view).