Smartphone penetration is the main driver for the growth of the mobile healthcare market and lack of standardization, regulation and market opacity are the main barriers according to independent developers of mobile healthcare applications. These are two findings from the free (registration required) 20-page Global mHealth Developer Survey by Berlin-based market research company research2guidance which specialises in the mobile industry. The research reveals that…
- The majority of participants predict that the mHealth will break through in the next five years.
- Nearly 80% of respondents see diabetes as the therapeutic area with highest business potential.
- Today healthcare interested people and clinical doctors are the main target groups for mHealth solutions, as seen by 61% and 58% of respondents, respectively.
- Smartphone penetration is seen as the main driver for mHealth by 63% of respondents.
- Lack of standardization (50%), regulation (49%) and market transparency (49%) are the main barriers facing mHealth.
- App stores will lose their role as main distribution channels for mHealth solutions.
- Android and iOS will be preferred mobile platforms for mHealth solutions.
To download a copy report click here.