Suddenly and unexpectedly, like a summer shower, FIVE good news items from the UK!
No! Editor Steve hasn’t just discovered a pair of rose-tinted specs – read them yourself!
1) From the national paper The Daily Mail, on Portsmouth University’s work on the smarter telecare home: Smart homes to tell you if elderly relative has had a fall
2) From Northern Ireland, on telehealth initiatives, the Nocturnal project in the South Eastern Trust: Telecoms: Hi-tech care
3) From Yorkshire, on the Doncaster NHS’s telehealth developments: Home health computer project aims to cut hospital admissions
4) From Redcar and Cleveland, on a telecare smoke detector ‘save’: When help is always at hand
5) From Surrey: Dementia system brings greater safety to Surrey
Congratulations to the people who initiated those positive stories!